Wednesday, September 12, 2007

LEAVING LABASA

I am about to leave Labasa, to return to Savusavu for another two days. I was only in Labasa for 24 hours, but accomplished everything that I had intended to do.

I will post pictures and videos either later today, or tomorrow morning.

I was able to ship my dholak back to the States. Putting that package together was a bit of an ordeal (but in a funny way), as I wanted to ensure the drum would not be damaged. Being that bubblewrap does not exist in Fiji (the people thought I wanted bubble gum...), I had to find a makeshift packing material. I was able to buy a garbage bag full of shredded mattress padding (everyone at the store was very confused why I was buying it); and used that to pad the package. I'm shipping it via boat, so it will take two or three months to get home, but that is not a big deal. I was just happy to send it off!

No comments: