Friday, August 24, 2007

THINGS DONE CHANGED

Hi everyone. Just as I was about to check out of my hotel to meet up with Jitan to go to the wedding on Ovalau, he told me that the wedding has been postponed until next weekend. So, I am going to stay in Suva one more night to go back to the Hibiscus Festival, and possibly a Hindu temple. I don't want to stay in Suva until next week, so I just booked a plane ticket to go to Kadavu, another island, tomorrow at noon. I'll return to Suva next Thursday, so I can hopefully go to that wedding with Jitan next Friday.

Kadavu is supposed to have some of the most beautiful beaches in Fiji. It is rather isolated – I don’t think I will have electricity where I am staying –, so I am not sure what my communication situation will be there. (I should be able to receive international incoming calls now). The population is 99% indigenous Fijians, so I should get a taste of real village life. I will keep you all updated, if possible.

2 comments:

grainyms said...

We never visited Kadavu but heard it was the origin of the country's best kava - if you're checking that out experience.

Janet

The Real House Dog: Boston said...

Remember back in the days, when figianz had waves Gazelle shades, and corn braids.