Friday, October 12, 2007

KYOTO

Whew. So that last post was really, really, ridiculously long...I am Kyoto right now; I arrived yesterday afternoon. I am staying with one of Noriko's students, Rei. It has been a really neat opportunity to live with a local! There are many temples I want to visit, so I think I will do some temple-hopping this weekend.

Yesterday, I visited Noriko and her students at the university. Next week, I will be staying with Nobu, who lives at a temple near the university. Nobu is a musician, and in the late afternoon, we went to a music studio on campus and jammed for a bit, myself on drum kit, and Nobu switching among the bass, acoustic guitar and djembe. It was really fun, and I’m sure we will be playing more while I am in Kyoto.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your blog is *definitely* better than mine.