Thursday, October 25, 2007

TAIKO PRACTICE WITH VIDEOS

October 23, 2007

On Tuesday night, I went to another taiko practice at the university. The students are preparing for a performance this Sunday at a karate festival (yes, you read that right, a karate festival). Apparently, the festival is organized by the same man that coordinated the actions scenes in Quentin Tarantino’s “Kill Bill” movies. I’m really excited to see the performance on Sunday!

As I was watching tonight’s practice, I began to really appreciate that Japanese taiko is a musical art the wholly rejects any sort of discrimination. Simply put, taiko drumming is accessible to all.

Below are some videos from the practice. Enjoy!













I was walking along the Kamo River and stumbled across this guy playing a didgeridoo. It was very random...

No comments: