Monday, October 29, 2007

UNIVERSITY STUDENTS' PERFORMANCE AT KARATE TOURNAMENT

Yesterday afternoon, I watched a performance of the taiko students from the University of Kyoto of Art & Design at the Kyoto-shi Budo Center (Kyoto Martial Arts Center). The performance actually took place at a karate tournament; although, there were other musical acts as well, including a marching band and a choir. Twenty-three of the taiko students from the university played: because I have had the privilege of watching their practices, it was really neat to see everything come together. They definitely did a great job and I really enjoyed the show; but, due to the fact that the performance was in a large gymnasium, the sound quality was pretty mediocre (not their fault though!). The thousand-plus person crowd really was into the show. Below are some videos from the show, although as I mentioned, the sound might not be too sharp
I love the airborne guy!












No comments: